Our hosts arrive 30min prior to the Disco Party start time. They bring a full DJ sound system, disco lights, bubble machine, pass-the-parcel, temporary tattoos and a big bag of prizes to give away.
An average party can include numerous games (eg. musical statues, Simon says, limbo), structured dances (eg Gangnam Style, Watch Me Nae Nae, Chicken Dance, YMCA), time for singing on microphones, straight up dancing time and a short break in the middle for eating. At the end we will bring all the kids together to lead them in singing Happy Birthday while the cake is cut.
Our hosts are highly trained and will use their experience to adapt the exact structure to ensure that each party is the best party for the guests attending.
Disco Party events are ideal for children aged 5 to 10 years.
Prices in the packages below are for up to 30 guests.
Additional children can be catered for, please see the “Optional Extras” for more information.
We do recommend no less than 8 guests to create a great party atmosphere.
1 HourDisco Package
1.5 HourDisco Package
2 HourDisco Package
All prices include GST. Quoted prices are for up to 30 children and are for events inside our travel zone. Please click the highlighted “travel zone” tag in the box below to see our travel area’s
COVID 19 UPDATE
While remaining mindful of responsible social distancing measures, the stage 2 and 3 measure will allow us to provide fun and safe events for all our families. With a range of new safety, sanitisation and social distance policies now in place, Funtime is ready to get back to what it does best… BRINGING THE FUN
Kids disco parties are best held in indoor locations. This could be your home (lounge rooms and garages can make great party rooms) or a hired hall. If you need help finding a hall to hire in your area, we recommend trying Scouts Australia as your first step. You can find a link to their website on our Links page. If they can’t help you can try calling our office as we might know of something in your area.
A few suggestions to help your party run smoother.
- Limit the numbers, ask parents not to bring uninvited siblings along and not to hang around for the party if possible. Party numbers are normally small enough if kept limited to the suggested party capacities you will limit exposure.
- Do food packs – instead of a large bowl of chips, have mini packs. Separate named drink bottles, pre ordered food plates so the kids just take what is given instead of it being from communal platters. Cupcakes instead of whole cakes.
- Kids will be asked to wash up before the party starts, before the break and after the break and before the cake.
- Remind all parents if your child is feeling ill or showing symptoms of any of the 1000 germs kids carry to please keep them home and a play date will be orgainsed to make up for them missing the party in the future.
- Try and practice some sense of social distancing. An energetic outdoor party will keep the kids from being static. Indoors can still work but keep in mind your numbers that you are inviting.
We request that you don’t hand out any noise making party favours or party poppers until after the disco has finished. While our hosts are very capable, competing with a large group of kids all blowing whistles and popping streamers to be heard is a big ask for anyone.
As we provide lollies for our game prizes we will need to be informed at time of booking if you require kosher or hallal lollies only to be provided. On the day it’s a good idea to tell us if there are any children with specific allergies or dietary needs. Our packs have a good variety of different lolly types and we can generally cater to most needs as long as we are informed at the start.
It is also a good idea to inform your host if any of the guests have special needs. These can include ADHD, autism, aspergers, downs syndrome and other behavioural conditions. While our events are designed to be inclusive for all, there are times when awareness of children with these conditions can allow the host to modify their performance sightly, particularly when interacting with those children, to ensure they feel safe and included.
For our kids disco parties there really is no limit. As mentioned on the party page, if you are going to have more than 30 children at the event there are additional charges but there is no limit. Our hosts have done events up to 500+ children in the past, but you may not want that many kids dancing in your average lounge room.
This Policy is valid from 7 April 2020 to such time as the Government declares an end to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
All Funtime Kids parties Policies and Procedures remain in place with the exception of the following temporary updates –
- During this time of the Pandemic, our regular staff: child ratios will be maintained; however, attendances will be determined by the space available at each party and or venue (refer to Pandemic – Covid-19 Risk Assessment).
- If a child presents to a party or event with a cough, sneezing, runny nose or temperature they will be refused participation and will not be able to return to until they are able to provide a Letter of Clearance from a medical practitioner. Children should not have had Paracetamol/Ibuprofen in the twelve hours before their attendance (as they mask symptoms that may be present). If they have had either of these two medications in that period they must be kept at home.
- If an Entertainer presents with a cough, sneezing, runny nose or temperature they will be unable to work their allocated shift and will be required to provide a Letter of Clearance from a medical practitioner before they are able to resume normal duties.
- In line with Government directive, all Entertainer, children and parents who have recently travelled overseas must stay isolated at home for 14 days after they return. If they develop flu-like symptoms, they should call their doctor to arrange testing or go directly to a COVID-19 clinic or emergency department.
- Parents/Guardians who have symptoms of COVID-19 or who have been in contact with someone that has symptoms of the Coronavirus will not be allowed to drop off or pick up their child/ren from the events. They will need to organise another authorised person to drop off or collect their children.
- Families have an obligation to Funtime Kids parties, their guests and other users to ensure they are self-isolating and social distancing as per Government Guidelines to reduce the likelihood of infection and spread of COVID-19 to any of our Staff and clients. If you or someone in your family have been in contact with someone who has a known case of COVID-19 it is important that you follow NSW Health guidelines https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/alerts/Pages/coronavirus-faqs.aspxand do not bring your children to any events
- Funtime Kids will always provide hand sanitizer to events where it’s not already provided.
- All equipment before every event will be cleaned and sanitized either by sanitizing wipes or sanitizing spray.
Endorsed by Funtime Kids Parties Management