Our hosts arrive 30min prior to the LEGO Build-n-Bash party start time. They bring thousands (literally) of LEGO® blocks in a range of sizes and colours, base plates for all the children to use and pull back LEGO® race car motors. Every party will include an average of 2 – 3 major LEGO® builds. At the end of each build the children can test the strength of their builds by shooting them with Nerf mega darts or playing demolition derby with the race cars they make. The kids stop in the middle of the party for a short food break while our staff prepare the second half. At the end we will bring all the kids together to lead them in singing Happy Birthday while the cake is cut. Our hosts are highly trained and will use their experience to adapt the exact structure to ensure that each party is the best party for the guests attending.
LEGO Build-n-Bash events are ideal for children aged 5 to 10 years.
1.5 HourHour LEGO®
2 HourHour LEGO® Package
All prices include GST. Quoted prices are for up to 16 children and are for events inside our travel zone. Please click the highlighted “travel zone” tag in the box below to see our travel area’s
COVID 19 UPDATE
With a range of safety, sanitisation and social distance policies now in place, Funtime is ready to BRING THE FUN
LEGO Build -n-Bash are best held in indoor locations. They can be held at your home (lounge rooms and garages can make great party rooms) or a hired hall. If you need help finding a hall to hire in your area, we recommend trying Scouts Australia as your first step. You can find a link to their website on our Links page. If they can’t help you can try calling the office and we might know of something in your area.
A few suggestions to help your party run smoother.
- Limit the numbers, ask parents not to bring uninvited siblings along and not to hang around for the party if possible. Party numbers are normally small enough if kept limited to the suggested party capacities you will limit exposure.
- Do food packs – instead of a large bowl of chips, have mini packs. Separate named drink bottles, pre ordered food plates so the kids just take what is given instead of it being from communal platters. Cupcakes instead of whole cakes.
- Kids will be asked to wash up before the party starts, before the break and after the break and before the cake.
- Remind all parents if your child is feeling ill or showing symptoms of any of the 1000 germs kids carry to please keep them home and a play date will be orgainsed to make up for them missing the party in the future.
- Try and practice some sense of social distancing. An energetic outdoor party will keep the kids from being static. Indoors can still work but keep in mind your numbers that you are inviting.
LEGO Build-n-Bash We can generally adapt ourselves to most locations but this party does require a bit of space. We provide 4-6 mats full of lego and will also need space to set up a short race track, plus a “demolition zone” for a number of the events. An open plan lounge/dining room with most furniture removed or a mostly empty double garage should provide enough space.
For our LEGO Build-n-Bash parties there is a limit of 16 guests. In some cases we can cater for additional guests but this will need to be discussed with the office at time of booking as it often requires the booking of two full party kits and hosts. We do recommend keeping your guest list to the 16 limit if at all possible as our party has been structured to be at its best with these numbers.
There are no hard age limits for the LEGO Build-n-bash parties. We do recommend that the majority of children be aged between 5 and 10 years. If there are a few children outside those ages they are welcome to participate. It is worth keeping in mind that Lego requires a level of dexterity that may make it difficult for children under the age of 5yrs to participate. It can also be considered a bit daggy for kids over the age of 11yrs. When the majority of kids are inside the age bracket the sense of peer-group will generally overcome those obstacles for the small number of older or younger guests. When the majority of guests are older or younger, our experience is that the event won’t be as successful with our format and another party format might be a better solution for your event.
This Policy is valid from 7 April 2020 to such time as the Government declares an end to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
All Funtime Kids parties Policies and Procedures remain in place with the exception of the following temporary updates –
- During this time of the Pandemic, our regular staff: child ratios will be maintained; however, attendances will be determined by the space available at each party and or venue (refer to Pandemic – Covid-19 Risk Assessment).
- If a child presents to a party or event with a cough, sneezing, runny nose or temperature they will be refused participation and will not be able to return to until they are able to provide a Letter of Clearance from a medical practitioner. Children should not have had Paracetamol/Ibuprofen in the twelve hours before their attendance (as they mask symptoms that may be present). If they have had either of these two medications in that period they must be kept at home.
- If an Entertainer presents with a cough, sneezing, runny nose or temperature they will be unable to work their allocated shift and will be required to provide a Letter of Clearance from a medical practitioner before they are able to resume normal duties.
- In line with Government directive, all Entertainer, children and parents who have recently travelled overseas must stay isolated at home for 14 days after they return. If they develop flu-like symptoms, they should call their doctor to arrange testing or go directly to a COVID-19 clinic or emergency department.
- Parents/Guardians who have symptoms of COVID-19 or who have been in contact with someone that has symptoms of the Coronavirus will not be allowed to drop off or pick up their child/ren from the events. They will need to organise another authorised person to drop off or collect their children.
- Families have an obligation to Funtime Kids parties, their guests and other users to ensure they are self-isolating and social distancing as per Government Guidelines to reduce the likelihood of infection and spread of COVID-19 to any of our Staff and clients. If you or someone in your family have been in contact with someone who has a known case of COVID-19 it is important that you follow NSW Health guidelines https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/alerts/Pages/coronavirus-faqs.aspxand do not bring your children to any events
- Funtime Kids will always provide hand sanitizer to events where it’s not already provided.
- All equipment before every event will be cleaned and sanitized either by sanitizing wipes or sanitizing spray.
Endorsed by Funtime Kids Parties Management