We come to a park or location of your choosing, either choose your own or ask us for some park suggestions. We can also help you find the ideal location for your party.
Our hosts arrive 20 – 30min prior to the Nerf Initiation start time. They bring all the Nerf equipment need including team vests, safety glasses, tents, tunnels, 2 different types of Nerf guns and (of course) hundred of Nerf darts. An average party will start with the kids competing in a series of tasks. The aim of the tasks to improve aim, coordination and the ability to think strategically. The kids break in the middle for a short food break while our staff swap over the Nerf Guns they are using. The second half include numerous games run by our staff, including Team Death Match, Protect the President and many more At the end all the children participate in collecting the darts before the end of the party. Our hosts are highly trained and will use their experience to adapt the exact structure to ensure that each party is the best party for the guests attending.
Nerf Initiation events are ideal for children aged 6 to 7 years. Older kids graduate to our Nerf wars package.
1.5 HourNerf Package
All prices include GST. Quoted prices are for up to 22 children and are for events inside our travel zone. Please click the highlighted “travel zone” tag in the box below to see our travel area’s.
We also have Fortnite and Star wars versions of this package.
COVID 19 UPDATE
While remaining mindful of responsible social distancing measures, the stage 2 and 3 measure will allow us to provide fun and safe events for all our families. With a range of new safety, sanitisation and social distance policies now in place, Funtime is ready to get back to what it does best… BRINGING THE FUN
Nerf Initiation events are best held in an outdoor location. Ideally, we look for a park near your home that has a flat area with a few tree scattered around the space so players can use the trees as tactical cover in the games. For a list of some of our recommended parks you can download a list here.
If you have a very large yard, the parties can be done at home. If you are worried about weather then it is possible for us to use large halls or covered areas if you have access to appropriate spaces. While these spaces do allow for the party to happen, in our experience the outdoor park areas do provide the most fun parties.
A few suggestions to help your party run smoother.
- Limit the numbers, ask parents not to bring uninvited siblings along and not to hang around for the party if possible. Party numbers are normally small enough if kept limited to the suggested party capacities you will limit exposure.
- Do food packs – instead of a large bowl of chips, have mini packs. Separate named drink bottles, pre ordered food plates so the kids just take what is given instead of it being from communal platters. Cupcakes instead of whole cakes.
- Kids will be asked to wash up before the party starts, before the break and after the break and before the cake.
- Remind all parents if your child is feeling ill or showing symptoms of any of the 1000 germs kids carry to please keep them home and a play date will be orgainsed to make up for them missing the party in the future.
- Try and practice some sense of social distancing. An energetic outdoor party will keep the kids from being static. Indoors can still work but keep in mind your numbers that you are inviting.
For Nerf Initiation as a rough guide, if we are doing a party for the usual number of children (between 12 and 22 guests) we will need a space no smaller than a tennis court (approx. 24m x 10m). We prefer slightly larger spaces when possible but this is a good guide when looking for possible locations.
Rain is an unfortunate risk with outdoor parties. If the rain is only light, we are happy to go ahead if you are. As we generally use parks with trees they help provide some coverage and kids usually think the rain makes it more fun! If the rain is too heavy for the party to safely go ahead, we have a few options but we do ask our customers to wait until the day of the party to make an ultimate decision as the weather forecast can be unreliable and will often predict rain for a day that ends up being mostly clear.
The most popular option in the event of bad weather is to reschedule the party to a new date. Customers have 12 months to chose a new date for their event. The decision to reschedule can be made as late as the actual party start time with no fee or additional cost for the new party date. If the customer chooses to cancel their booking rather than reschedule, we are unable to refund any monies paid and the customer may be subject to our other cancellation policies.
In some cases, customers have access to large covered spaces such as halls, private carparks, school playgrounds etc. If you have access to an appropriate space we are happy to change the location and have our host meet you there. On a couple of occasions in the past, customers used extra large lounge-rooms or garages and we have been able to send our host to their home to do an indoor/outdoor version of the party.
In some cases we may be able to offer an alternate party format. This is something we cannot guarantee as it is entirely dependent on availability of staff and equipment on the given weekend. However, if rescheduling is not an option we will do our best to provide an indoor alternative if wet weather stops an outdoor party from being possible.
For our Nerf Initiation parties we have a limit of 22 participating guests. This is for a number of reasons, including the number of children who can safely be supervised, the amount of equipment provided and the pace at which the games are played. In some cases we can cater for additional guests but this will need to be discussed with the office at time of booking as it often requires the booking of two full party kits and hosts. We do recommend keeping your guest list to the 22 limit if at all possible as our party has been structured to be at its best with these numbers.
Our Nerf War events start for 8 year olds and above. The nature of the games requires a level of comprehension that is suited to children who are a little older. We are happy to have a couple of younger players on the field but they may need assistance from another parent or sibling.
For Nerf Wars, we also do suggest you keep in mind relative sizes of children when asking us to include younger members. Adding a couple of 6 year old players to a field of 8 year olds will generally be fine. Adding a couple of 7 year olds to a field of 13 year olds will often be unsafe as the children in question will likely be significantly different sizes.
For the Nerf Initiation, these parties are specifically designed for younger children aged 6 to 7 years. If the majority of children at the party are going to be under the age of 8 years we recommend the Initiation format. The primary difference between the two events is the way the structure allows younger children to build their understanding, both of how to use the Nerf Guns but also how to play the games. Older players are welcome to participate with the younger guests at this party.
This Policy is valid from 7 April 2020 to such time as the Government declares an end to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
All Funtime Kids parties Policies and Procedures remain in place with the exception of the following temporary updates –
- During this time of the Pandemic, our regular staff: child ratios will be maintained; however, attendances will be determined by the space available at each party and or venue (refer to Pandemic – Covid-19 Risk Assessment).
- If a child presents to a party or event with a cough, sneezing, runny nose or temperature they will be refused participation and will not be able to return to until they are able to provide a Letter of Clearance from a medical practitioner. Children should not have had Paracetamol/Ibuprofen in the twelve hours before their attendance (as they mask symptoms that may be present). If they have had either of these two medications in that period they must be kept at home.
- If an Entertainer presents with a cough, sneezing, runny nose or temperature they will be unable to work their allocated shift and will be required to provide a Letter of Clearance from a medical practitioner before they are able to resume normal duties.
- In line with Government directive, all Entertainer, children and parents who have recently travelled overseas must stay isolated at home for 14 days after they return. If they develop flu-like symptoms, they should call their doctor to arrange testing or go directly to a COVID-19 clinic or emergency department.
- Parents/Guardians who have symptoms of COVID-19 or who have been in contact with someone that has symptoms of the Coronavirus will not be allowed to drop off or pick up their child/ren from the events. They will need to organise another authorised person to drop off or collect their children.
- Families have an obligation to Funtime Kids parties, their guests and other users to ensure they are self-isolating and social distancing as per Government Guidelines to reduce the likelihood of infection and spread of COVID-19 to any of our Staff and clients. If you or someone in your family have been in contact with someone who has a known case of COVID-19 it is important that you follow NSW Health guidelines https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/alerts/Pages/coronavirus-faqs.aspxand do not bring your children to any events
- Funtime Kids will always provide hand sanitizer to events where it’s not already provided.
- All equipment before every event will be cleaned and sanitized either by sanitizing wipes or sanitizing spray.
Endorsed by Funtime Kids Parties Management